Sunday, December 19, 2010

And the winner is....

That phrase is an all too familiar one when the winner is about to be named amongst  other contestants. We've seen it several times on TV but it is a different thing to experience it. And so it was my turn to experience it this year at the first Africa International film festival in Portharcourt.


In my case, it was a screenwriting competition, and there were twelve contestants and only three winners must emerge. The first winner was called and I nodded, cos I knew he deserved it, no panic. When the second winner was called, I said yes he deserved to win too cos I loved his screenplay but I also felt, 'is this guy not going to call my name?


Lastly my name was called, and I also said 'yeah, I deserved it too' in my heart. No drama, no, it was devoid of the tension we used to see in reality TV shows but nonetheless thrilling to be a winner.


So I won the monetary sum to produce my short that will be screened at the 2011 AFRIFF. That's one feather to my hat and my naughty friend has asked me to blow my trumpet. I just did.

1 comment:

Motivation Today said...

Jesus! U mean u won an award and u didn't share the news at Watchforce? This is unfair...u've not blown this trumpet enough. Congrats my sister. Very soon, it shall be the Oscars.