Sunday, January 8, 2017

It's her Day Review

Story by Bovi Ugboma
Screenplay by Bovi Ugboma
Box Office: Unknown

Strongest feature of the piece is the good picture quality, great acting and sprinkle of humor.

I unfortunately entered the cinema hall late for this one so I missed out on the first crucial minutes of the film, probably ten minutes or so. So, I met the film at the stage where Bovi and his girlfriend were planning this fairy tale wedding.

Bovi's fiance is so vain, it will leave a sour taste in your mouth (but there are people like that). 
Still on the script, the story doesn't have any apparent antagonist. Bovi's motivation was not strong enough and the rich girlfriend's persona is unbelievable... talk about unbelievable character. Why do I say that? 

She is the rich daughter of a very rich man (of  Otedola's status) but she is a leech on Bovi who is not one tenth as rich as her dad. And so is her mother that is so keen on draining Bovi's purse. I mean, this people are so rich and yet they don't want to spend their money on their daughter's wedding but prefer to task salary-earning Bovi for the wedding expenses.

I believe Bovi wanted the story to be hilarious but I find what should somewhat be funny, troubling. Like for instance I can't understand why rich girls from a wealthy man would be dragging Bovi by his tie, literally compelling him to buy them things from a luxury shop. I could be wrong but I felt they could afford it. It is just unbelievable for me. 

Because the story doesn't have a motivation per-se for Bovi, neither does it have an antagonist, nor does it contain story plot points must-haves like inciting incidence, 1st turning points, etc, (global best practice) coupled with characters that are not authentic it comes short of the screenplay test and therefore finds Bovi GUILTY of screenplay massacre.

My Verdict
Bovi is hereby sentenced to 11 months to behind 'write better villa'

No comments: