Saturday, May 1, 2010

When it's time to move on

Screenwriting is my racket. i don't want to say it's my life cos it isn't but i've come to love the profession. However, there are times like this when i ask myself if it is really worth it...financially. The remuneration is not that bad but when Producers refuse to pay for completed screenplays, three weeks after submission, it makes me think of putting out my CV.

One of the Producers owing me, is quite nice but has an Accountant who thinks he is doing me a favor. I know just what need to be said to someone like that but i've decided to hold my peace till my Producer is done reading my screenplay. Aside from the fact that i need money urgently, my ethics also include customer satisfaction first before demanding for my pay. So the waiting continues.

The other Producer owing me has just moved into his new house in Ikorodu. He is a nice guy too and really respects me a lot so i can't fight him except to pray that he gets money to pay for my screenwriting services. My fear is that he might have used MY MONEY to complete his house but i have faith that he will pay one day. So the waiting continues.

Meanwhile, funds are low and debts are high. It's beginning to get worrisome because someone might soon tell me to get a better job and to be candid, i'm considering it. Adding another string of income is seriously on my plate now. I've thought about pimping rides...as crazy as it sounds, i know it's going to make me happy... and very rich

1 comment:

Motivation Today said...

Refusal to pay 3 weeks after submission? I don't think that's too bad. Bad sha...lol. Pls keep up the work. U can only be a pro at what u do consistently. Consistency is the key. Fuel your fire!